Monday, June 5, 2017

Gigi Bikini: Jalie 3671

Here’s my new Gigi bikini. I’m IN LOVE with this water/fishy fabric and this pattern. I bought it in Yardage Town in National City. The top has princess seaming so it would be easy to modify to larger or smaller cup sizes. This has wider straps and it’s really comfortable on. The front is lined and all the seams are sandwiched between the fashion fabric and the lining. The bottom is a very standard bikini bottom. But, a bottom THAT FITS and doesn’t go up my crack (sorry if that’s TMI). I hate that and it happens on almost all my swimsuits. This one is really comfortable and stays in place! Oh, and the side ties are optional but very cute.
j_3671_1


The top is very supportive and I could totally run, play volleyball, or swim with no worries about things moving around too much.
j_3671_2


Whoa, baby got back. “36-24-36? Only if she 5’3”.” Those are kind of my measurements in a nutshell except I’m 25 instead of 24. And I have the booty to go with the words from that song.
j_3671_3


I’ll be making more of these in the future. They are super cute and very comfortable. And I love the fabric. I may make another top to go with it too. Or a rash guard. I think I could get the front and back of the new cropped Jalie Valerie out of the fishy fabric. The sleeves would have to be something different because I definitely don’t have that much fabric left over.
j_3671_4j_3671_5j_3671_6


On the Jalie FB page, someone had the problem with the facing peeking out at the CF. Mine does that when it is laying on the floor like this, but not when it is on. I think the CF ruching helps with that. 
j_3671_7


I will have to modify the back a little next time. I need it to be slightly smaller on the underbust band. I am limited here by the back panels. Next time, on this triangle-looking piece, I’ll make it so the “leg” of the triangle ends closer to the side seams. That way, I can snug it up a little tighter on the underbust band. Other than that, the fit is GREAT!
j_3671_8


Another Jalie winner!!

No comments: