Tuesday, February 28, 2017

KwikSew 3561–Simple Knit Dress

This is one of the patterns I bought for $0.10. I didn’t really need it, because I can use my Jalie t-shirt, but it’s fun to see how things compare. This is a “Kwik and Easy” pattern so it’s really easy. This version is the long-sleeved, boatneck, long dress. I have also made the shorter version and wooo-weeeee is it short. I’ll take pictures of that one too.
ks_3561_4

 

It fits well, but it certainly has more ease than my Jalie pattern. I’m not surprised by that at all. I often pinch out a half inch or so in the CF and CB of a Kwik Sew pattern. Their smallest size is an XS and I make a S. If I make the XS, the other measurements seem to be out of whack, like the vertical distance between bust, waist, and hips. Overall, I like it. It’s a cute and (very!!) easy pattern. But, you can also just make one of these out of your favorite t-shirt pattern.
ks_3561_1

 

You can see this is a bit sloppy in the back. The belt helps hold it in. The fabric is a rayon blend and it’s so comfortable (bought at National City Swap Meet). It’s kind of like wearing secret pajamas.  
ks_3561_2

 

I probable could have made the neckline binding just a bit more snug.
ks_3561_3

 

Overall, it’s a win, but I like my Jalie t-shirt dresses more . . . maybe? (Jalie dress number 1, and number 2). This would be better with a bit pinched out of the CF and CB.

No comments: