Thursday, November 12, 2015

Jalie 3349–Gymnastics Leotard

You guys know I love me a good leotard pattern. And, of course, Jalie is my most favorite pattern ever. Like ever. I think they design EXACTLY for my body. It’s weird how well they fit. Anyway, what’s in the cat is in the kitten, and my twins are built a lot like me. They have their mother’s swayback and her loooong torso.

 

I decided to make the View A which is the plain front and back to test the fit. I ended up making a size L (size 8) for them and added two inches of length to the body of the leotard. Yes, I know, TWO INCHES.
j_3349_6

 

And I would say they need all two inches!! I extended the arms to the size M because they are long and lean.
j_3349_1

 

The fit is spot-on. I love, love, love the long sleeves. I also love the fit around the legs.
j_3349_2

 

For the back, a split back and swayback adjustment would fit her better. They are just like me. Although, I wonder if I could just take out a horizontal 1/2” and ease in the front? I think that might work too. Even with that slight pooling, I think the fit is great.
j_3349_3

 

She loves it and that is all that matters. This is a fantastic base pattern. Think of all the things you could do to this basic shape. There were many, many cartwheels during this photoshoot, but being that these were taken inside, things were way too dark.
j_3349_4

 

Here’s the other view. I want to do this one next. I love the high v on the twist top. This is actually listed as a ballet pattern, but it’s awesome as a gymnastics leotard. Oh, I forgot to tell you that the full front is lined.
j_3349_5

Love it!!! Another Jalie winner (how many times have I written those words on my blog, I wonder)!!!!

I have a fun Ottobre dress to show you next.

No comments: