Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Ottobre 05-2014 #4

So you guys just saw this skirt, now for the top. It’s Ottobre 05-2014 #4. It’s ruched on the one side and fitted throughout.
ott_0514_4_2

 

I like how the top turned out. I’m not sure I’m in love with this sweater knit. Maybe it’s not my color? I got this sweater knit from Fabric Mart a while ago. I made my standard 34.
ott_0514_4_1

 

Duck lips make everything sexy. This is the longer ruched side.
ott_0514_4_3

 

Non-rucked side.
ott_0514_4_4

 

I sort of followed their directions for the neck binding. I used the sizes they recommended but didn’t use my coverstitcher. All I have is the solid foot and it’s really hard to make things like this accurate. I really need to get the clear foot (and the binding stuff, but that’s EXPENSIVE!). The neck binding looks okay when it’s on but pretty crappy from the inside. I like that I happened to have matching knit binding!
ott_0514_4_5

 

I used a contrast orange for the hems.
ott_0514_4_6

All in all, I’m very happy with the top. It’s a simple knit top with a ruched side. I think it’s cute and it fits well. It’ll keep me warm too.

I should be able to finish my Jalie hoodie before the weekend. I just have the hood left!

No comments: