Thursday, February 12, 2015

Ottobre 01-15 #28 Woven Dress with Circle Detail

Obviously I’m crushing on Ottobre lately. I love how this tunic turned out. They call it the Home Girl dress. I just can’t call it that. I will call it Woven Dress with Circle Detail. Or something. Whatever. Behold the cuteness.
o_0115_28_1

 

Yes, she must wear sunglasses. She is a Diva. I made a size 110 and pinched out about a 1/4” at CF and CB. I should have also pinched out that much on the center detail. I didn’t remember to do that. Oops. You’ll see what I did below. This is the “dress” length and it seems more “tunic” length to me.
o_0115_28_2

 

I asked her to turn around so I could take pictures of the back. This is what I got.
o_0115_28_3

 

That turned into this and I gave up. You guys are lucky you got two decent photos. At least you can tell that the range of motion is good.
o_0115_28_4

 

It turned out very cute. The circle detail in the middle is kind of lost in this busy fabric. I love the fabric though. I’m pretty sure that Paulette gave this to me. Again, that was during the Dark Year and I think I blocked most of it out.
o_0115_28_5

 

Because I forgot to pinch out a 1/2” for the circle detail, there weren’t many gathers. Once I realized my mistake, I unpicked the topstitching and seams, and took a 1/2” out of the middle of the circle. Hence the vertical line that is not supposed to be there. Call it a design feature.
o_0115_28_6

 

I just did a regular ol’ center zipper.
o_0115_28_7

 

The inside front and back have an interfaced one-piece facing. I stitched in the ditch from the right side on the shoulder seams to hopefully keep everything in place.  So far, so good.
o_0115_28_8

 

More later! I have an another Ottobre shirt for the older girls. This one is going to be bright and hopefully not hideous!

5 comments:

Stephanie Ramaekers said...

I just bought this issue yesterday and I wasn't really blown away by it, I especially thought this dress seemed a bit weird, but I love it in your fabric and I actually prefer it with the vertical seam in the circle!!

Levone said...

Cute tunic! I was hoping this one came in the older girl sizes...boo hoo.

Rachelle Green said...

Cute dress. Oh the sunglasses and the posing! LOL

Kristine Balinski said...

I love this, it's really sweet!

Touran said...

That's a Liberty print. I have it in a purple shade - purples instead of the yellows. Very cute.