Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Kwik Sew 3234 Pajamas

There is a thread on the forums at PatternReview.com that talks about your most-used patterns. This KwikSew pattern is, by far, the pattern I have used the most. Sorry to say, it’s long OOP. I can estimate that I’ve used it about 30 times. I haven’t put all the versions on this blog, because there are just too many. I’ve made it in all sizes from XS to L (there is also an XL). My son is in the L size right now and the 8 year-old gals are in the M size range. I made another seven pajama outfits over Christmas break. I’m only photographing two of them, because it is hard to make kids stay still.

 

I seem to always make the long-sleeved, long-legged pairs. What can I say, it’s cold here!!
ks_3234

 

Here’s The Cousin (the one that wears all the leotards!) and my youngest. The pajamas are both made out of a super snuggly fleece fabric. The girls picked it out in San Diego last time we were there.
ks_3234_34

 

And no, I didn’t put the pony fabric upside down, it just seems like all the ponies you can see in these pictures are upside-down. Arg!
ks_3234_35

 

The photo shoot ended when the photo-bombing started (notice The Twin is wearing an older version of the KwikSew pajama pants on the bottom?).
ks_3234_36

 

I thought since she was here, you could see what the leotards look like on The cousin. I also wanted her to try them on so I can see where I need to lengthen, straighten, etc. I love this Jalie binding technique with the pink contrast fabric. This is Jalie 3354.
j_3354_18j_3354_19

 

Here’s the other one I made for her. And yes, she has a sticker on her head.
j_3354_21

 

And more photo-bombing.
j_3354_20

 

And more photo-bombing. Oh, and you can see yet another old pair of this KwikSew pattern on this twin.
j_3354_22

 

Then this just turned into dance party chaos. Sigh.
j_3354_23

Up next? Something for me!!

3 comments:

Anne Lindholt Ottosen said...

I want to spent Christmas holidays at your house. Can you part-time adopt me? :-)

kristin at sunnysewing said...

Looks like they are all having a great time together. I have this pattern in my stash and have wanted to try it for some time now. I just never got around to it ;-) They look great and I love those fleece prints!

Melissa said...

I have a different KS pj pattern that I've used more times that I can count too. With four kids and 4-5 new pairs of pj's a year times 10 years - geez, I can't count that high! ;-) They are older and 2814 & 2815 - the toddler one is 2315 - all oop too. Such a workhorse pattern. I also have used KS 2894 more times than I can count (boys raglan t-shirt).