Friday, February 15, 2013

House Update

This is why you haven’t gotten a sewing post in a few days. We’ve been working our woo-has off on the upstairs of the house. We’ve been painting, trimming, and changing things up. Our walls were all white so we are changing them to a nice beige. I know that gray or greige is the new hot color but I live in Alaska and I can’t do gray. Can’t do it. It’s gray here all the time. I need a little warmth in my paint color. Here you can see the wall from one of my previous posts.
house_1

 

We are working on Sheetrocking a really high wall. One of the things I love about this house is the Wall of Windows.
house_2

 

Wall O’ Windows
house_3

 

Our beautiful brass lights. These will be changed in the next couple of days.
house_5

 

 

Here’s a sewing tidbit. I have something fun to show you people. See? Actually sewing! You’ll have to wait to see what it is.
house_6

 


 

And because I’m having so much fun with my new Canon, two fun photos.
house_7

 

Look at those eyes!
house_8

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Your babies are beautiful! Great lines on the ceiling and windows, and the exposed wood beams are a nice touch. I prefer a warmer color too, even though I am in warm and sunny Florida. Tried gray, can't do it either. That's a lotta work!

Yvonne said...

So I notice you're really getting into your photography. I like this site and it's free and it has some great challenges, tips and stuff. you might like it too.

http://www.iheartfaces.com/how-it-works/photo-challenge-themes/