Saturday, May 5, 2012

CAbi Knock-Offs Part II

Here is CAbi Part I for those of you who are interested.

 

#4 Laguna Dress $89
cabi_8
This dress was really cute. It was a Rayon/Spandex blend so it was super stretchy and comfortable. This dress really reminds me of this Burda pattern from May 2008. Of course, that pattern is for a woven and this is a knit. The backs are different too. On the Burda dress, it’s a zipper opening and on the CAbi dress, it’s a lower back with some elastic gathers. I would pair it with the Rayon knits below. I really like the purple and black one!

b_0508_1Stretch Rayon Jersey Knit Abstract Black/Grey/PinkStretch Rayon Jersey Knit Abstract Green/WhiteRayon Jersey Knit Abstract Floral Red/Orange/White/Ecru

 

 

#5 Lola Tank $59
cabi_5
This is another Rayon/Spandex top. I really liked it too. Although this color makes me slightly better than death. Darker skinned women, like this model, look good in this color but for me, there isn’t enough contrast. This Burda top is similar but doesn’t have enough gathers and draping.

b_7461

 

#6 Keepsake Cami $69
cabi_4
Isn’t this a cute top? This is a cotton woven. This March 2008 pattern (#120) is a lot like it. You would just shorten the dress to a tunic length. On the real top, the accent part on top  has contrasting piping and it’s an overlay. That would be easy enough to do with this pattern too. I would just make two pattern pieces and make one an overlay and add some contrast piping to it. The back of the CAbi top has elastic and a zipper. I love these cotton poplins. I’d totally make the brown one with aqua or turquoise trim. Hmmmm, maybe I’m too into floral right now?
b_0308Stretch Cotton Poplin Retro Floral Pink/Green/WhiteStretch Cotton Poplin Floral Brown/WhiteStretch Cotton Poplin Roses White/Red

 

 

#7 Work-It Jacket $138
cabi_7
Isn’t this a cute jacket? I love the cute of it, the little peplum in the back, and the buttoned, self-fabric belt. This November 2009 Burda #110 is really similar to it. I don’t think it has the peplum detail but that might be pretty easy to add. b_1109 

I have a new dress to show you guys too! And my new fabric showed up yesterday and I’m going to start working on a skirt, I think. I’ll try to post the dress tomorrow. I think you guys will like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love it when you know you can sew something for the fraction of the price of the inspiration pic? That is pretty much the reason why I started to sew and I've been hooked ever since!

This Way and That said...

You have a great eye with pairing beautiful fabric with elegant patterns!