Friday, February 4, 2011

Girl Jeans

I’ve been working on refashioning some of my son’s jeans into jeans for my girls. I have had very little time to sew lately because I’ve been moving, packing, and cleaning. My sewing stuff is still at the old house so I’ve been able to sew here and there when I have a moment. This is what I managed to do last night.

I added some some velvet ribbon to the waist of the pants. The ribbon already had the white flowers on it. It’s kinda cute stuff. Who knows where I got it.
jeans_2 

 

Then I decided that I needed more purple. I added matching purple velvet bows to the pockets. Again, who knows where I go that. It matches so I’m sure it was purchased together.
jeans_4

 

This is what it looks like now. I think it needs something in the middle where the ribbon just ends on the waistband.
jeans_1

 

Then I went digging through my button box and found this button. I think I’ll cut off the shank and glue it to the existing button. I’ll have to check that it will still go through the hole though. Another option is to paint it with purple nail polish and then add a clear gloss to it. That might be fun too.
jeans_3

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I like it a lot! I would have been thrilled with this when I was a little girl :-)

Shelley said...

Having girls gives good reason to increase the stash of ribbon! One reason I love having a girl. And you've been blessed with two!

MushyWear said...

Oh to have a girl to sew for! How fun. Hang in there with the move. Sounds like you are making progress and hopefully the little bit of time with the machine is good for some Rest and Relaxation!

momtofatdogs said...

They look adorable. When my nephew grew 6 inches in 14 months, my #1 daughter had hand-me-down jeans for 2 years. He never wore the *new* off them! Too bad I didn't take the initiative as you & decorate them up. she'd have been more receptive to them then, I think.

Sam

Aminat said...

Those are beautiful..Great job...I have to make one for my girl

angie.a said...

Cute cute! I love them. I miss having a little girl to sew for. Sigh.