Friday, November 5, 2010

My New Pumas

For you long-time readers, you probably know about my love/hate relationship with Puma brand running shoes. I love the cushion, the spring, the width of the toe box, the heel cup, and many other aspects of the brand. One thing I have loathed about the shoes is the color scheme. My first pair was purple and glittery silver. When I went to get my second pair, I strapped on my big girl pants, inhaled a big cleansing breathe and bought the hot pink/glittery pair as their replacement. What can I say, I love the fit of the shoe and that's what really matters. I'm not what you would consider a girly girl. I own very little pink. Very. Little. In fact, I always have to come up with some lame excuse about not being able to wear pink on breast cancer awareness day ("Come on Dawn! Everyone has a pink shirt! Surely you can find one in your closet!").

Last year I wrote Puma an open letter on my blog asking/begging/pleading them to make some shoes that wouldn't make my cheeks pink from embarrassment. Did they hear me? Maybe. Or maybe they just moved away from their pink period. Anyway, I'm here to report that my new shoes are not pink. They are not girly at all. They are blue and yellow!! So. Much. Better. Thank you Puma!


My hot pink Puma's will not be my beat-up roam around shoes until they completely fall apart. They lived a long and full life and say lots of different landscapes. They were even a big hit in races on account of their vibrant color. I will actually kind of miss them when I'm running. Or maybe not much.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never tried Puma. I've run on Asics for years till a Physical therapist told me they we too stuctured for my foot. Is yours a cushioned shoe? I might have to give them a try.

Taki J said...

Ohhh, those are cute. But is the fit that really matters. Funny, becasue I like Puma because of all of their crazy color combos.

Plummy said...

These are cute! I've switched over to the Vibram Five Finger shoes which are working great for me, even though they are a bit odd looking. :)

Peace Thyme said...

Nice. I hope you enjoy them. I am sure Puma changed the colorway just for you, Dawn! :)

I don't run but I walk a lot on the mountainside. I have a pair of Puma's that I love for winter. Purple (of course) with fake fur lining.

Summer said...

Lol, those pink ones are the only shoes you want to get dirty! Blue and yellow is much better.

Girly is overrated.

MushyWear said...

I'm a runner too and nothing beats a new pair of shoes! It's just icing on the cake when you find a color combination you like in the brand you wear. I like the colors on your new ones.

Kyle said...

Are Pumas better than Saucony? I like how Saucony has the "bouncy" feeling. Maybe I'll try Pumas next!