Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Burda 09-2008

Several of you asked for pattern information from the last skirt post. I am making this simple pencil skirt. It's from the 09/2008 Burda magazine. Here's a link to the pattern information.

On the left is the original skirt I wear a bunch and on the right is one of the new skirts I just made. The other three will be sewn up next. I haven't been as quick as I thought I would because my mom was here for the weekend and my uncle was here for lots of that time too. I also had a dinner party-girl thing to go to. I think I'll wear my new tartan skirt tomorrow. This was one of those materials I was gifted by someone who "just wasn't even going to use it". It's a very nice piece of wool.




I recieved my Jalie patterns in the mail yesterday and I'm having a hard time finishing these skirts because I want to sew them so badly.

7 comments:

amber said...

Really cute. I'm glad to see you making a bunch of the same skirt in different prints as after the success I had with a similar skirt pattern this weekend, I plan to make at least another 2 or 3 in different fabrics. :)

Angela said...

VeRynery nice. I love the tartan wool!

Dei said...

Cute skirts!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that wool worked out so well for you! The tartan is so cute!

Aminat said...

Love your skirts...they are cute

Victoria said...

Cute skirts!!!

Kathi said...

Very cute skirts!!