Saturday, January 31, 2009

Burda 07-2008-124 Teeeeeeny Beeeeeeekini


Well, it's very small. I have no bust and with this pattern I'm lucky that I don't. It does hold my bits and pieces completely. Any one else and it would not cover you. Well, it wouldn't cover you much. The bottoms are another version of KS 2689. This fabric is from Spandex House. I cut the triangle pieces carefully so I didn't have bulls eyes.


Nothing exciting from this angle. It's a string bikini so there are a lot of strings on the back.



The original pattern is just the nylon-lycra with no lining or padding. I added a lining and sandwiched these bra cups in between the two layers. I made it look like I sort of have a bust. Sort of.
Only 12 more days!

20 comments:

Gorgeous Things said...

You look fabulous, you skinny little minx! I'd hate you if I didn't love you. :)

angie.a said...

Cute cute cute!!

Unknown said...

Another great swim suit! Is this your way of rubbing it in??? Just kidding, if you see any great Hawaiian fabric, remember your friend in Michigan who loves you...

Janene said...

Looks great! Still amazed at how you churn out the garments.

Lisa said...

You look great! Luv the fabric!

Hawaii is totally to die for! You get to see the humpback whales! That may not be a big deal for you, but coming from landlocked Kansas, it was for me.

I can't wait to go back.

Melissa said...

Another cute suit. I'm with you on adding bra cups, I want all the *extra* I can get in that area. On the bright side of things, the two of us don't worry about saggy boobs - guess that is a *perk* of being small chested! lol

marysews said...

That suit turned out great! You keep sewing, and I will continue to try to run, and we might meet somewhere in the middle some day ... (sigh)

Anonymous said...

Love the suit!

Rachel said...

That looks so good on you. It is a gorgeous fabric, too.

Lori said...

Fantastic suit, looks great.

Sue said...

The swimmers look great - very RTW!

Marsha said...

The suit looks great...and thanks for reminding me what I can look like when I get my butt off the chair and run! Have a great time in Hawaii!

Anonymous said...

Wow!You look fabulous!

Dei said...

God you are tiny and perfect for that suit. It looks great!

Little Hunting Creek said...

wow , don't you look fabulous! And the bikini looks good too.

judy said...

Looks great! You did a great job! Think of all the money you saved with designer swimsuits costing $100+/each! Have an extra cocktail by the pool and relax!

Anonymous said...

"must not hate you, must not hate you"

Another HOT success!!! :)

Kat said...

What a cute little bikini! You are Hawaii-ready!!

Meg said...

Really cute bikini, Dawn. Love the Spandex House print. I'll have to show this to my DD, who has your svelte body type.

kasizzle said...

LOVE that fabric AND the suit on you!