Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Questions and Answers

I keep trying to answer questions more frequently but then I always forget. I was supposed to go across town and get my jean snap and interfacing today but weather was not permitting that. I could have done it but who wants to wreck a car when the weather is this crummy? It's in the 30s and there is snow and rain. Perfect conditions for ice. So, instead I came home and had a snowball fight with my kids.

patsijean has left a new comment on your post "I may actually wear this.": The original shade of Beige is very difficult for almost anyone to wear, not enough contrast for lighter skinned folks. Darker skinned women can carry it off much better. I do love the purple on you and the garment dyed nicely. Did the dye leave a stain in your washer?I'm from the 60's and suggest that at least some of the time you wear the dress as intended without belts. I favor that look on you. Your photos in this dress seem to indicate a broad shoulder adjustment. Do you do that?

Patsijean- I don't a broad shoulder adjustment and I don't know what it entails. I probably need to do something though because all raglan tops looks a little funny right around my shoulder area. Like I need more room somewhere. I don't know how to fix it.

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Bitch Fabric. Really?": Where did you find the Bitch fabric? My mom has been searching for more after she found some over the summer. Any ideas of where to look would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

You can't get anymore of this fabric from my wholesale supplier. They ain't got none no more.

Sue has left a new comment on your post "Ottobre v. BWOF": Thanks for the comparison. It is interesting. I have recently got my first issue of Ottobre and am keen to try a pattern from it. How did you find the instructions? Were they any better than the Burda wof?

Sue- I found the directions more organized than BWOF. BWOF is sometimes so literal that I get confused. I also like how the Ottobre directions have little subtitles like, "Pockets", "Collar", "Waistband", etc. It makes it really easy to step away from your sewing and figure out where you were when you get back.

designdreamer has left a new comment on your post "Kwik Sew 3578 Pull-over Knit Dress": "This may be hit with the iDye Poly in black"Does that mean there's a dye that will dye poly?!?!

They have it in black at Dharma Trading. I ordered it but they were out of it. Of course, the day I get my wool iDye I also get an email saying it is back in stock. Are they affiliated with Apple Computers?

Rachel has left a new comment on your post "Burda 11-2006-138 Girls' Coat Part 3": What BWOF issue is that coat from? It is gorgeous!!! Also, you amaze me how fast you sew.
and
Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Burda 11-2006-138 Girls' Coat Part 3": I'm curious about your coat pattern, too! Please post what pattern it is. Inquiring minds wan to know! :)P.S. I've made that skirt -- it turned out fabulous and I feel super sexy wearing it. Just the extra little kick in the back is fun. Jodi

It is a Burda envelope pattern so it is not in one of the magazines. Sorry I wasn't more clear on that.

Kristine has left a new comment on your post "Not on my list . . .": No kidding, your topstitching is amazing... what's your secret? Cute back pocket details (shape of flap & stitching lines). How long does it take you (tracing to hem) to turn out a pair of pants?

I have fallen in love with feet of the sewing variety. I have an edge stitch foot and a, hmmmmm, I don't know what kind of foot it is. It has its guiding edge along the edge of the foot instead of in the middle like the edge stitching foot. They are both super handy and I use them for lots of things that are not topstitching. The one with the guide on the side works perfect for making skinny tubes. Before, my tubes were always different thicknesses because I had a hard time keeping the sewn edge the same distance from the folded edge. No more. I put the folded edge against the guiding edge of the foot and I sew down he tube, even the whole way. :)

1 comment:

Sue said...

Thank you for the Q&A post...