Monday, December 17, 2007

Here I am . . .

I wanted to be like all the cool kids out there and post pictures of my sewing addiction. So, here I am. First pattern on my blog. WOOT!

Jalie 2322
Pattern Description: Semi-fitted shirt with separate or integrated collar band. Long sleeve with choice of barrel or French cuff. Shaped by darts at bust and waist for a fitted appearance.

Pattern Sizing:I made size P (bust 31") with the hip size of S. Next time, I'll do this a little differently. See alterations below. If you are not familiar with Jalie patterns, they have all sizes from bust 22 3/4" to 50".

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?Yes, it is great. I did the french cuffs and collar with collar stand.Were the instructions easy to follow?They were very easy to read/understand. I have made several shirts in the past and have always strugggled with the collar. This one was easy and looked great. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?Love the variety of sizing and the clean, simple lines of this pattern. I like that they give you choices of cuffs and collars. Fabric Used:This is a cottom stretch sateen bottom weight. It is a little thick for this shirt but it actually looks and feels great. It had a slight sheen to the fabric and it really pretty. I will make more of these in this fabric.Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:I flared out the waist to make it an S you can tell from the back that I flared a little too much. Next time I'll flare using the Q or R as a guide. The P size is technically a kid size and the length of the shirt and sleeves were "kid length" so I extended those too. Stupid me, on the arms, I just chopped the arm and lengthened. The cuff is really tight. Next time, I'll lengthen and use a different size for the wrist. Maybe an R?Would you sew it again?



Would you recommend it to others?This is a workhorse top. Perfect for work, easy to make, clean and neutral. You could jazz it up with buttons or embroidery or just leave it neutral. I wanted something that would go with anything so I chose neutral buttons. Here it is with a wool crepe skirt I reviewed here. Next time I will decrease the size of the french cuffs too. They are cute but really long.


Conclusion:Love this shirt. Perfect for work. This is a great wardrobe basic pattern.

This skirt is a Wool Crepe from Gorgeous Fabrics.

No comments: